The principal housing functions are as follows:
- To promote and utilise the options provided for in National Housing Policy.
- To implement our Social Housing Investment Programme.
- To implement the provisions of the Housing Strategy
- To prepare and implement a programme for advance land acquisition in accordance with National Housing Policy.
- To ensure that our housing policy encourages and supports Rural Sustainability.
- To implement the 5 year Traveller Accommodation Plan 2014 – 2018.
- To implement the provisions of the Homeless Strategies and Action Plans.
- To promote, assist and develop the Voluntary Housing Sector in the County.
- To prioritise Social Inclusion by promoting resident participation in the management of social housing schemes.
- To comply with Private Sector Residential Accommodation Legislation/Regulations.
- To upgrade our Housing Stock subject to the availability of funding both nationally and locally.